Tres Chic Style 2009 Oscar Report...


Thank you to everyone who tuned in for my Live Oscar Blogging last night. I had so much fun... I'd also like to thank my loyal readers on Facebook for your comments and questions. I actually made it through the whole show....around 11:00pm my adrenalin was slowing down but my lovely fashionistas kept me going. Thanks Guys...

First of all I thought Hugh Jackman was the best host in years!!! Many congrats to Miss Kate Winslet and the entire cast of Slumdog Millionaire for their historic Oscar sweep. I just keep saying to myself...Those kids are so cute!!!

For a list of winners, click here.

Now for my favorite (Natalie Portman, pictured above) & least favorite looks of the evening.......

By now most of my loyal Tres Chic Style fashionistas already know Sarah Jessica Parker can do no wrong in my book when it comes to fashion.... The sultry fashionista sashayed her fabulous self on the red carpet in Dior. Simply Stunning!!!




Jessica Biel on the red carpet in strapless ivory satin Prada. Reminded me of Eva Mende's gown for the Globes last month. Well...kinda sort of.... You be the judge!





Even the hair was awful...Did she do that herself on her way there in the limo???


Where are your accessories Beyonce???? This look was very mature and missing some Gold jewelry..... the messy ponytail and barely there make-up was not an Oscar look to love!


Marion Cotillard also donned Dior and had us all taking a double take.... Very similar to SJP's look.

My absolute favorite of the evening.... Penelope Cruz in vintage Pierre Balmain. Ms. Cruz stole the show with this one and even took Oscar home with her!!!


I've been receiving so many emails and comments about this one... Lil' Miss Miley Cyrus arrived in a Zuhair Murad dress with a sparkly v-neck bodice and tiered "asparagus -like" skirt. This look reminds me of a debutante or cotillion gown. Not too sure how I really feel about the look but I personally believe it's too mature for this teen starlet. I would have loved to see her in something shorter and fun with a pop of color.....


(sucking my teeth on this one) Now didn't we warn celebs about paying tribute to Oscar by looking like one.... Breakout actress Viola Davis obviously missed the memo that Gold lame is a no-no at the Oscars. I think Beyonce tried it one year and the results were disastrous (at least in the world of fashion).



Best supporting actress nominee Taraji P. Henson wears a white tiered gown by Roberto Cavalli and jewels by Fred Leighton. We've been seeing a lot of ms. Henson these days with all the Oscar buzz. Her signature bob and delicate make-up are her signature look. Although I loved the look, I thought we'd see a dramatic look for the Oscars, possibly an up-do or extensions. Nonetheless, Missy rocked it.....

Angelina Jolie chose a stunning design by Elie Saab adorned with Lorraine Schwartz jewelry. Very classic Hollywood....Simple yet sexy...Love it!


Now the say something nice challenge...... Honestly I almost forgot about Alicia Keys in "Secret Life of Bees". Initially I was wondering why was she there?? Anyhoo back to the fashion....Question: Is Tina Knowles her stylist? This look definitely reminds me of Beyonce. The dramatic side split, wig and make-up.... A fan of both celebs but I wished Alicia could have played it a bit more natural. As many of you know I absoultely adore wigs...but this is by far not one of my favorites!!!! By the way, she's wearing Armani Prive, loved the gown but hated the hair and make-up....



Not a fan of Heidi Klum's red architectural gown by Roland Mouret...There said it!!! Many fashionista's and critics were gushing over this edgy meets glam look. I loved the shoes but couldn't appreciate the complexity of the gown. An up-close view of her accessories revealed heavy baubles, chains and bangles. Geesh!




Kate Winslet wore Atelier Yves Saint Laurent by Stefano Pilati. Her charcoal grey/black ensemble reminded me of Old Hollywood Glamour! Hepburn would be proud..... With Chopard jewels and perfectly coiffed hair Kate was a winner on the carpet and inside the Kodak theater.
As you can see, I enjoyed the Oscars last night.... What did you think??? Leave your comments at the end of this post or email me, here. I'd love to hear from you....

Comments