Trader Joe's Hits Brooklyn....


While the weather isn't favorable in the city right now. There's always a reason to go shopping! My 2nd BFF (yes I have two) Fedrecia and I set out tonight to visit the new Trader Joe's in Brooklyn. She's always introducing me to her latest Trader Joe's snacks.
Since I love entertaining, I thought maybe I'd go give it a looksie.

After circling the block for what seemed like an hour we lucked up on a spot near Smith & Wycoff (just two blocks away). As we walked from the car we could see locals schlepping through the rain with their Trader Joe's recyclable bags in tow.


To my amazement the former home of Independence Savings Bank was transformed into a gourmet foodie oasis complete with a friendly staff and aisle filled with goodies.

Fedrecia was delighted to snag some 39 cents oranges..

I absolutely adore sweet treats so the frozen dessert section was my first stop. Joe's peppermint cheesecake, chocolate lava cake, pecan sticky buns, creme brulee, raspberry tarts and Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (Quart, $4.49) the treats were divine... On the other side you could find Enchiladas, Quiche, Buffalo Wings alongside Mango Chutney and Ciabatta bread.
The Trader Joe's philosophy is that if you take a product home and decide it's not to your liking you can simply bring it back for a full refund and they promise "Not to Break Your Chops" about it....
I am totally sold and quickly planning my next adventure in the treasure chest of Trader Joe's...



Opening day brought the crowd out, however the lines moved pretty quickly....


Who can't resist a nineteen cents banana....


And yet another happy shopper....


Clad in his Hawaiian shirt, our cashier Christopher showed us how it's really done at Trader Joe's.

Comments