Style Question of The Day......

As a blogger, I'm always receiving mail from my loyal Tres Chic Style fashionista's. As a stylist, I love offering tips and personal style advice on looking fabulous....

Emily from Brooklyn wrote: Love the blog and the hats are fabulous. So my question as a reader is, how can I wear fabulous hats everyday without it looking too over the top like I am going to Sunday service? Is there a “standard” everyday size or what type of outfit should it be worn with? I love hats and could definitely see it being my signature style. Please advise!

First and foremost a hat should reflect your personal style. As a milliner I'm always reminding my clients to choose designs that compliment existing pieces in your wardrobe.

Hats have been around for a very long time. Since their inception, hats have represented status symbols, fashion statements and over-the-top glamour.

Here are a few tips to assist you in your search for the perfect hat......





Julia Roberts donned a classic straw with a satin scarf to match her dress. This look is simply timeless and classic. Perfect for an afternoon tea or social gathering.......

This classic silk dupion large brim is definitely a must for the lady that wants to be noticed. Pair a design like this with a sheath dress and some amazing pumps and just watch as you stop some traffic....




Vintage Designs have long been a hat lover's dream, mainly because they draw attention to the face. Pillbox designs were often worn by women of high society and "ladies that lunched".

And whoever said you can't have fun with your hats.....Feathers, veils and bows have always been a favorite of Hat Divas....


There's a perfect hat for everyone..... Stop by Tres Chic and try on different styles until you find your signature millinery piece.


And always remember a hat can always be used to disguise a "bad hair day"........

Comments