AMA's Red Carpet Style Report

The 35th Annual American Music Awards went down last night at the Nokia Theatre in LA. In case you missed the show (like me), you can see the list of winners and performers Here.

Comment: Beyonce looked great as usual on the Red Carpet, we are loving her bangles. I talked about the stacked bangle look here. (looks like someone was paying attention)
What She's Thinking: I'll give mama's creole looks a night off and opt for a subtle gown with minimal details.
Comment: Ashanti also decided on an elegant look for the awards. We are loving her accessories and the gold is very complimenting to her skin tone.
What She's Thinking: I am so done with Murder Inc, I have to get me a new softer look to save my career...maybe I'll try acting again, (screaming) Can someone find my Momager?

Comment: While this isn't one of my favorite Mary J. Blige looks, I applaud the effort. This off the shoulder ensemble is very Studio 54. Her new single "Just Fine" reminds me of the disco era, so I guess she's just channeling the look.
What She's Thinking: Sh*t, I'm the Queen of R&B, I'll wear what I damn well please!


Comment: Alicia Keys seems to never disappoint on the Red Carpet these days.... Her look is chic & classic Hollywood glamour. Lately we've seen her in sweeping lengths, but this short look suits this style maven just fine.
What She's Thinking: Maybe these looks will finally put those lesbian rumors to rest....


Comment: Looks like the Queen is also getting in on "Hollywood's Latest Hair Style". This asymmetrical bob the Queen is rocking is sophisticated and sexy. Her leopard ensemble paired with casual peep-toes and simple accessories complete her understated look.

What She's Thinking: My feet are killing me, and somebody please get this hair outta 'my face!

Comments